There is a good reason we don’t report how many calories our workouts burn for YOU. We don’t know. We have run multiple tests to see how many calories our workouts burn, and the amounts can vary by over 500 calories between two people taking part in exactly the same workout. (average numbers and ranges reported below) Age, fitness, weight, gender and personal intensity are just some of the factors that influence calories burnt in a workout. It would be misleading of us to suggest how many calories YOU are going to burn during workouts. If accurate calorie tracking is important to you, the only way you have a consistent method of trachow many calories you are burning is to wear equipment that tracks your heart rate and estimates your personal calorie burn. We know many companies do provide this information, but it is not possible to report this information accurately and we have a 100% honesty rule here at Team Body Project.
The below figures are the ‘average’ calorie burn we observed across all individuals, of all ages and of all fitness levels across all of our workouts:
- 540 calories per 60 minutes worked on ‘PT and resistance’ workouts (range 330 – 810*)
- 660 calories per 60 minutes worked on ‘cardio’ workouts (420-1035*)
- 375 calories per 60 minutes worked on Pilates workouts. (205-550*)
- 450 calories per 60 minutes worked on ‘Hybrid and mobilsation’ workouts (295-615*)
- 300 calories per 60 minutes worked on ‘Yoga’ workouts (210-420*)
*15 people in control group taking part in 5 workouts of varying difficulties.